The Alberta Mentoring Partnership created an online Mentor Training resource as a training tool for people interested in mentoring children and youth. We are grateful to Alberta Mentoring Partnership for sharing this online resource on this website.
The On-line training for Mentors training provides an overview of some of the core concepts of mentoring and what it means to be a mentor. The On-line training consists of one course on mentoring; 5 short modules and then a quick quiz to complete at the end.
Some of the concepts covered include:
- Lesson: Course Introduction and Learning Objectives
- Lesson: History of Mentoring
- Lesson: How To Be a Mentor
- Lesson: The Mentoring Relationship – Dynamics and Guidelines
- Lesson: Mentoring Programs
To access the Alberta Mentoring Partnership’s online ‘Orientation for Mentors” course please visit: http://moodle.albertamentors.ca/